Thursday, July 18, 2013

Electrical Wiring and New Handlebars

I bought new Euro style flat bars. In order to swap bars, you need to dig into the wiring a bit.  I figured the best way to do this was to unhook all of the wires coming from the handlebar controls in the headlight bucket. Taking note of any weird connections.  Then with patience, a hanger and wd-40 I slid the wires out of the old bars and into the new ones.  Be careful with removing the right hand controller. There's a little gauge wire connected to the starter button. I accidentally pulled it off and had to re-solder it back on.  In the headlight bucket, I had one brown wire connected to nothing.  Not sure why, but everything seems to work fine without it.  I cut about an inch off of each side of the bars to better fit the bike.





1 comment:

  1. Any change you can let me know where you got the bars. I've been looking for bars like that with the internal wiring.

    ReplyDelete